Thursday, July 10, 2008

Scripting and Drifting - Day 2


It was a huge success.


Such was the impact of driving rain and heavy roadworks that my bold adventure to step into the unknown and examine the effect of different environments on the creative process got as far as, er, the local Cafe Nero.


It is even closer to the flat than The Alex.


Ok, ok, ok.


I know you are probably reading this and thinking: this guy is a joke - all he is going to discover is that people don't stray too far from home unless they have incentives.


And, yes, it is distinctly possible that this will prove beyond reasonable doubt that I am a true postal code person and that that realization will cause the onset of a serious depression that will leave me bed-ridden for the remainder of the noughties.


However, in mitigation, I have to state that it was a particularly chaotic day. I had to queue at the sorting office and I lost a Word document with the day's completed poker blog. Auto-recover decided to have a few laughs.


Because I was so crap yesterday, I would love to report that Nero was an ideal location to type a script.


I had to move from my first seat as a couple of blokes were about to sand the wall. The only remaining spec was by the disabled toilet.


Minutes later, it transpired that the able-bodied(?) toilets were out of order and there was heavy traffic to my seat.


Every time the door to the toilet opened, I was treated to a waft of organic waste.


The plumbing needed inspecting and so a host of unqualified people came to swing the door around, spreading the stench and driving me potty.


(Sorry)


I suspect the rain, the roadworks, the lost doc and the shit were my punishment for criticising Coldplay.


Time - 65 mins.


Word Count - 800+ (I was stunned by the total)


New Ideas - 1. The post-apocalyptic world would feature people using face masks.....


Overall rating as a writing environment - 4/10.


Overall rating as a smell based fetish club - 9/10.

No comments: